Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Finally Divorced

Since I have no readers, I'm not sure I should bother, but as a matter of history, my divorce became final August 21, 2006. I thought in the beginning of the procedings (Nov.2004) that when it was done I'd have my children to work with to start "our" new family unit and that I wouldn't have to deal too much with my ex-wife. Now I realize that even though we're no longer a couple, I'll be involved with her until one of us dies. Once we get through the necessary paperwork that goes with dissolving a marriage, we will always have the common thread of our children and the need to interact in a triangulated sort of arrangement whenever the need arises. Since my children are the best part of my life, I will do everything possible to help them, with or without any assistance or input from their mother. Starting a new "family" while living in an 800 square foot apartment isn't the easiest thing to do but I will do my best to establish communication with, provide advice and assistance for, and , most of all, let Erin, Ashleigh, Nathan and Alissa know that I love them unconditionally and profoundly. I'm proud to be their father and I'm proud of each of them for the people they are and the paths they are taking. I'm sure there are stumbling blocks in many places as I forge ahead into the unknown life of a divorced parent, but I am happy and will keep them and my own needs in the forefront. Knowing that our love goes both ways always gives me hope and strength and a joy that grows each day. I love them and that's what matters most.

1 Comments:

Blogger juplife said...

hey champ - i'm reading...you kick ass. see you in dayton? better bring your A game.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home